Saturday, January 12, 2008

Along came Christopher Nejman

I watch and tape a few sewing and quilting shows. About a year ago I was watching an episode of Sewing with Nancy. She had a guest named Christopher Nejman on her show. He was using a Babylock Embellisher and punching an assortment of fabric (no cotton); satins, linings, silks.
I was amazed. I had an Embellisher for just about a year and a beautiful box of colored rovings. I had punched rovings, made some flowers, a cat, some designs, but it was just to blah for me and the machine just took up space and gathered dust. This guy had metallics threads, angelina, crystals, gems, glitter, paints and a BOOK coming out that I could learn how to do all this. He was punching happy glittery shining fabrics and creating beautiful designer pillows. I watched this episode 4 times, each time I was more excited. I went to his Bags and Pillow web site and immediately ordered the Pillow Book.

No comments:

See more of my work